This marinated feta, basil, taggiasche olive and sun-dried tomatoes is one of the easiest appetizers ever to make and is the perfect fuss-free hor’dourve when entertaining guests.
Why is this appetizer :: antipasto so great? Well, for starters you may already have many of these ingredients in your refrigerator or panty and most importantly, this appetizer only takes about 5 minutes to prepare. All you need is a cute wide mouth glass jar (I adore mason jars) then line the bottom sides with basil leaves followed by cubed feta, half of the taggiasche olives and half of the sun-dried tomatoes.
Repeat these steps and top with a few capers :: capperi if desired. Fill the jar with the sun-dried tomato oil and oil from the taggiasche olives and top with additional extra virgin olive oil if needed in order to cover everything. You can store in the refrigerator to marinate or serve immediately with toasted bread or crackers.
1. Spicy Shrimp, Fennel and Radicchio Bruschetta— This light appetizer is perfect for a warm summer evening.
2. Artichoke, Sun-Dried Tomato and Black Olive Stuffed Mushrooms– This is a great make ahead appetizer for large groups.
3. Fava Bean and Avocado Dip—This is a fun variation to classic guacamole and is extremely healthy.
4. Mini Cheese Balls— Another appetizer that only takes a few minutes to whip up.
5. Savoury Vegetable Pie—Hearty and filling, this vegetable pie is an instant crowd pleaser.
In Italy, spring :: primavera is in its prime, from warm hot summer-like temperatures to rainy days that make our garden vibrant shades of green. I adore this time of year. It’s the time when we all come out of our winter slumber to enjoy the breathtaking nature around us and live the day to its fullest.
It’s the time of picnics and barefoot walking on grass, of BBQ’s outside with friends and long evening strolls with a loved one. It’s the time to breath in the fresh spring air and be thankful and grateful for everything we have in this moment. Life is fleeting, so enjoy each precious second :: secondo prezioso.
This appetizer is simple and can be made by any level of cook :: cuoco and makes the perfect excuse to organize a get together with friends and family. Enjoy and I hope you make a lot of memories surrounded by this delicious and healthy appetizer.
- ¼ cup (45g) pitted taggiasche olives or kalamata olives in olive oil
- ¼ cup (30g) chopped sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 block (200g) Feta, cubed
- 10 basil leaves
- 5 capers (optional)
- Put 5 basil leaves against the sides of a wide mouth mason jar or similar container, line with half of the feta cubes then top with half of the olives and half of the sun-dried tomatoes. Repeat. Top with capers if desired. Fill the jar with the remaining sun dried tomato oil, oil from the taggiasche olives and top with extra olive oil if needed to cover the feta.
- Serve with toasted rustic bread or a sea salt and oregano toasted tortilla. If stored in the refrigerator, take out the jar and set at room temperature 20 minutes before serving so the oil liquefies.