I haven’t bought processed cereal in years, because even the “healthy” ones are not always as healthy as you think. Sure, for many, cereal is an easy solution when you’re in a rush in the morning, but instead of giving yourself two minutes to throw breakfast together, allow yourself eight and you can make instead a wholesome breakfast packed with protein :: proteine, fiber and vitamins to keep your energy high and balanced throughout the morning.
These green eggs and ham, I mean, toast aren’t just a breakfast food; they are also perfect for a quick lunch or a light dinner. Serve with a side of arugula salad :: insalata di rucola and fresh cherry tomatoes drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.
Out of all the whole grains, barley contains the highest amount of fiber and is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. In addition to its health benefits, barley :: l’orzo also may help you feel full longer, this will help you to avoid the vending machines filled with potato chips, cookies, sodas etc., and therefore is an important ingredient that also helps you control your weight. My kind of food!
- ½ handful parsley (about ¼ cup (17g))
- ⅛ cup (12g) shelled walnuts
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ¼ garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (16g) asiago cheese, grated
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 slices of barley bread (or other whole grain bread)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
- Toast the bread and in the mean time beat the eggs together in a small bowl. Add the green sauce, salt and pepper; stir. Pour the egg mixture into a small skillet and cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally in order to avoid the eggs sticking to the bottom. Add the Asiago and cook until melted then serve with the toasted bread. Buon appetito!